[Samba] Samba as PDC

Maartin dinamite at ibi.co.za
Fri Aug 23 23:52:01 GMT 2002

Hi Lester,

Yes I did, I added my win2k user account name to smbpasswd and passwd.
I did  not change anything I just went to work and came back last night and
tried it again. Now I get the following message:
'The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "bla-bla":
The account used is a computer account. Use your global account or local user account to access this server'

I did check that the everything is lower case and no spelling mistakes. Now the creditials I use account on Win2k
that I always use to logon (this account is a copy on the local admin account), it is also the account that I added to smdpasswd and passwd.
I double checked that the passwords on both pc (my and server) are the same.

I also tried to use the root account from my pc to join the domain but then this is the error message that I get:
'The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "bla-bla":
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password'

Now I known the credintials are correct because I use it via Putty to logon with SSH.
I tried a search on google on these errors, all the results I got back were people that have the same problem but
have not found any solutions to them yet.

Any Ideas, suggestions, suggested readings?

Cheers,
Maartin.