[Samba] File Locks & Network Neighborhood

fresler at adex-intl.com fresler at adex-intl.com
Fri Aug 23 04:41:01 GMT 2002

Hello,
     I am having a couple of problems I'm hoping someone can help me with.
I recently installed a Linux server at work and can't get the server to
appear in Network Neighborhood on the Windows machines.  I can map the
shares I've created, but none show up in the Network Neighborhood.
     The second problem is with file locks.  I'm trying to run a VB
application I created which opens an Access database.  The program fails
each time indicating it can't lock the database file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Floyd