[Samba] search in ldap

Camus Moire cm at afm-koeln.de
Fri Aug 23 04:27:57 GMT 2002

On 21 Aug 2002 11:07:20 -0400
"Bradley W. Langhorst" <brad at langhorst.com> wrote:

> I think you misunderstand the guest ok parameter
>
> guest ok (S)
>
> If this parameter is yes for a service, then no password is required
> to connect to the service. Privileges will be those of the guest
> account.
>
>     See the section below on security for more information about this
> option.
>
> Default: guest ok = no
>
> (it's not entirely intuitive...)
>
> if removing the guest ok stuff doesn't work then try these...
> - did you do smbpasswd -w (to set ldap admin password)
> - what is in /etc/samba/users.map
> - increase logging and post a logon attempt here.
> - start with a new smb.conf

Hello,

to be so close on conf files, sometimes i overlook some options
and indeed you point it to me.

Trying empirically with a new smb.conf. If found out that

username map = /etc/samba/users.map

(guests = *)

was not correctly set up. I even didnt try to use it.
I suppose that swat creat it at my first basic setup.

More or less it works now. Thank you.

Now comes the cosmetics setups. Profiles etc.

Can someone point me to some documentation about
how privileges had to be with security in mind.
(root in ldap == distorted stomach)

Thanks in advance

Camus Moire