[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 DC: problem with groups

Wojtek ml at lunetta.de
Thu Aug 22 05:14:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I wondered how domain groups are handled with Samba (2.2.5): I set up
a Samba DC and have serveral XP clients.

On the Samba machine I greated a group named "ntadmins" and put the
following line in my smb.conf:

          domain admin group   = @ntadmins

On of my domain admins is user "wojtek" which has the primary group
"user" but is also memeber of the above metioned "ntadmins" group.

When I execute "ifmember /list" of the W2k Reskit on my XP client I
get the following output:

----------------------
User is a member of group ODYSSEY\users.
User is a member of group \Everyone.
User is a member of group BUILTIN\Users.
User is a member of group BUILTIN\Administrators.
User is a member of group ODYSSEY\unix_group.2147483404.
User is a member of group ODYSSEY\unix_group.2147483404.
User is a member of group \.
User is a member of group \LOCAL.
User is a member of group NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE.
User is a member of group NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users.

I don't see any "ntadmin" nor "Domain Administrator" group entry. The
other thing I wondered what the "ODYSSEY\unix_group.2147483404" entry
means?

Thanks in advance,
Wojtek

--