[Samba] File permissions

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Mon Aug 19 15:17:00 GMT 2002

This is a temporary fix until I get my students added, but here is what I
want.

I have a directory on my linux machine.
/programs/bhs

the permissions for bhs are 1777  jones:teach = (owner:group)

In my smb.conf I have the following or there abouts(I have change it many
times)

[bhs]
comment = bhs
path = /programs/bhs
writable = yes
create mask = 770
force user = kreese
force group = teacher

My idea was that when the students login highschool:bhs = (user:group) and
save to the directory that it would change the owner:group to kreese:teacher
which it does.  I also thought that since I had the sticky bit set on the
folder that since they no longer were the owner or in the group (after the
save) that they would not be able to delete it which they still can.  What
am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.
Scott Mayo
Tech Coordinator