[Samba] Win2k explorer.exe dies when dealing with printers

Llu'is Batlle lluisbatlle at tavil.net
Sun Aug 18 21:24:01 GMT 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 01:11:41AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Llu'is Batlle wrote:
>
> > Hi there.
> >
> > I've been some days dealing with printing problems in Win2k clients, having
> > a Samba 2.2.5 parched with "parse_sec.patch" as a printer server.
> >
> > When I try to print anything, explorer.exe dies. Sometimes dies spoolsv.exe,
> > or sometimes all the system locks (it may be because explorer do not restart).
>
> Try setting "default devmode = yes" for this printer.

Oh, didn't I mention I tried that ?  the "default devmode" parameter doesn't
help.

Since I did the question, I've made more tests; and now, the only printers
which drivers don't work are the "HP 1220C". The "HP 1120C" drivers suffer the
same error.
The Spooler/Explorer dies when trying to print. Anyway, now I can get the
properties of the printer and modify them.

The "HP Business InkJet 2230" drivers now work; I think that's for the patch
applied (parse_sec).

Thank you very much!