[Samba] README.Win2KSP2

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Thu Aug 15 06:40:30 GMT 2002

Hi all.

I'm about to upgrade to 2.2.5 from 2.2.3.a.   I wanted to clear up something before I do.

WRT the above mentioned file, it states:
In order to server profiles successfully to Windows 2000 sp2 clients (when not operating as a PDC), Samba must have
            nt acl support = no

Often I have the same problems described in the doc with the W2K machine creating lots of admin.user.001 etc.
Samba is running on the PDC box.  What does this change?
I don't find nt acl support in my profiles share, or any other share for that matter.  Why?

Thanks, Trevor.