[Samba] WinXP Login/Share Problem

Jason G Skala jskala at jasonskala.com
Wed Aug 14 17:23:00 GMT 2002

Well I gave that a shot and here is what I have so far, both winxp
machines can see there shares as before they couldn't. However I can't
logon to the Domain still I have to login to the local machine.. SO I
thought I would try leaving and rejoining the domain I received this
error message.

The domain name HOME might be a NetBIOS domain name.  If this is the
case, verify that the domain name is properly registered with WINS.

If you are certain that the name is not a NetBIOS domain name, then the
following information can help you troubleshoot your DNS configuration.

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service
location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for
domain HOME:

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.HOME

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV record is not registered in DNS.

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its
child zone:

HOME
. (the root zone)

For information about correcting this problem, click Help.

Hope this helps..

Thanks again.