[Samba] samba3.0a18 "net ads join" core dumped - bug?

Chere Zhou qzhou at isilon.com
Wed Aug 14 12:04:01 GMT 2002

This is source compiled on FreeBSD-5.0, configured with msdfs, acl, winbind,
pam, krb5 and ldapsam.  I use "net ads join" to join a W2K active directory
server domain.  Samba3.0a17 was able to do this, on the same machine, same
environment and setup methods, but alpha18 is giving the following message:

Assertion failed: (ld != NULL), function ldap_search_ext, file search.c, line
100.
Abort (core dumped)
Aug 14 20:53:25 x kernel: pid 2937 (net), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core
dumped)

Anybody saw this?  Is it a bug, or something I did wrong?

Chere