[Samba] Samba for a Corporate File Server?

Bill William bill6756 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 13 02:07:01 GMT 2002

Hi guys,

I'm been following samba for six or seven odd months now in preparation for
moving our organisation over to a file server which is a little more cost
effective than the Micro$oft alternative.

We are currently running with about 30 users on a Windows 2000 Small
Business Server. Do you see any problems in replacing this server with a
linux box running Samba? Is the file system/server as stable as Microsoft or
Novell?

I see some quite big players moving this way and would like to get the
opinions of those that perhaps have made this move before we decide to go
any further.

Regards,

Bill William.