[Samba] Problems compiling on QNX

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 8 05:05:16 GMT 2002

> "Venkataramana. N" wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
>   Im a newbie here, and im sorry if im repeating the question.
>
> Im trying to compile samba 2.2.5 on QNX RTOS 6.2.0 x86pc. I am getting
> the following error.
>
> Compiling printing/print_generic.c
> Compiling printing/lpq_parse.c
> Compiling printing/load.c
> Compiling profile/profile.c
> profile/profile.c: In function `profile_setup':
> profile/profile.c:93: storage size of `shm_ds' isn't known
> profile/profile.c:117: `SHM_RDONLY' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> profile/profile.c:117: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once
> profile/profile.c:117: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [profile/profile.o] Error 1

> How do i fix the problem?

It appears that QNX either doesn't support this.  The quick fix is to
just remove the fucntion - replace it with a stup that just does a
'return False'.

Longer term, you could write up a patch (for HEAD) that actually checks
for all the shared memory stuff, and does an #ifdef in this function
based on that.

Andrew Bartlett
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org