[Samba] process hang

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Aug 6 09:22:11 GMT 2002

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Steve Mihy wrote:

> We have found that is appears every time we want to access to a
> directory containing a file with uppercase accentuated letters (É À
).

Are you using a 2.4.18 kernel? There is a known bug which will crash it
when it hits a character it can't map (because you haven't specified any
nls modules to use or because it's the wrong one or something ...).

See if your vendor has an updated kernel, or else build 2.4.19.

> We have tried accessing the directories and files using only smbclient
> but it hangs too.

Don't know anything about that. It could be something else.

/Urban