[Samba] Samba printers published in AD?....folders too!

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 6 07:44:12 GMT 2002

>In the AD Users and Computers MMC when I right click on any of the
>objects I don not see a "publish downlevel printer" option. I tried a
>couple other MMC snap-ins and did not see this option. Which one did you
>find it in? This does work with Samba+Winbindd and not just Samba 3.0.x
>right?
Sorry, I had to reconfig a few things to get back to this setup...

It is in the AD Users and Computers MMC, but when you right click, do
"new->printer".  It will ask you for the UNC path (i.e.
\\server\printername).  It should take it from there.

The object will be placed in the container where  you right-click.

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center
Samba Team