[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 and wrong rights after relogin

dietmarhummel at t-online.de dietmarhummel at t-online.de
Mon Aug 5 04:12:02 GMT 2002

Hi!!

I have a little problem with the rights in samba 2.2.5
(self compiled) on linux 2.4.18. The samba-server is
emulating a nt4-pdc. This works so far...
But after relogins users have rights they should not have..

Snippet of my smb.conf:

---8<---

[neutest]
    ; the directory is owned by user admin.admin and has 0777-unixrights
    path = /data/neutest

    ; users which should not be able to use the share at all
    invalid users = @students

    ; users which may read (implicit given)
    read list = @users

    ; users which may write
    write list = @teacher

    ; my idea was, to have maximum unixrights and do all the
    ; rights-checking by samba
    force create mode = 0777
    force directory mode = 0777

--->8---

For the test i use the following users/groups:
t       in group teacher
s       in group student
u       in group user
Every user is only in the one group mentioned.

The problem can now be checked as follows:

- s logs in. I check the rights in Network Neighbourhood, he is disallowed
-> OK

- s is logging off

- directly after that, u logs in, the same check, he can only read -> OK

- u is logging off

- directly after that, t logs in, the same check, he can read and write ->
OK

- t is logging off

- directly after that, u logs in again, the same check, he can read AND
WRITE -> NOT OK
  (files written by him are owned by him!)

after waiting some minutes (in logged in state) or rebooting the client,
all is working correct.
Oh i forgot, the testmachine ist an NT4WS SP6a.

I checked all the documentation i could get perhaps there is a
smb.conf-parameter or
a registry-key to prevent this behaviour. But i couldn´t find anything :-(
(the using samba book included in the documentation mentioned a parameter
"revalidate=yes"
 but it seems this is obsolete, testparm doesnt like it)

Thanks for your help

Dietmar
dietmarhummel at otelo-online.de