[Samba] Saving & Upgrading Samba domain data.

Ronen Baram ronen_b at coreflow.com
Mon Aug 5 02:02:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm running Samba 2.2.2 on RH 7.1 as PDC.
Anybody knows how to save the data of the samba so that if the hardware fails and I would have to install Linux and Samba on a new machine, the Samba would continue working as is.
I mean, if I save the /etc/samba directory does the SID stays and all the Win2K & WinXP would see the "same" PDC (without the need to dis-join and re-join it)? Or there are more that I have to save?
Would the domain would "look" the same even when it's a new machine, with newer OS and new Samba version?

Ronen Baram

System & Network Administrator
Coreflow - Scientific Solutions ltd.
P.O. box 626, Yokneam, 20692, Israel