[Samba] WebMin vs SWAT

Dirk ALLAERT da at schaubroeck.be
Sun Aug 4 08:31:05 GMT 2002

I really like webmin.

webmin benifits:
1) with webmin you can of course do a lot more than configure samba. You
just have to configure webmin and not several different GUI's for
managing samba, bind, apache, ...
2) you can configure synchronise adding and deleting unix users with
samba users. If you add a unix users in the webmin "Users and Groups"
module a samba user (smbpasswd) is automatically added.
3) don't know about swat, but webmin has good logging. If you want you
can even log what changes webmin modules make to configuration files.