[Samba] Samba only spooling half my print files :-(

Anthony.Wyatt at csiro.au Anthony.Wyatt at csiro.au
Sun Apr 28 00:05:02 GMT 2002

Hi,
  I'm using Samba 2.2.2 on a FreeBSD 4.5 system as a PDC.  All seems well except for my printing.

  At this point I'm stumped.  If I print a file from a windows client, I only seem to get half of it in my lpd queue.  I've verified this by printing my test word document to a file and to the printer with lpd turned off.  If I compare
these files, they are exactly the same, except the one sent to the printer from the window box via samba, is about half of the test file I created!

  Has anyone else seen this?  How can I track where the file is being lost?  I want to see the file size that comes from the client to Samba, and the size from Samba to the spool.

Any help would be most appreciated,
Anthony