[Samba] Unable to link printerdriver to printer with NT APW or rpcclient

Jan Kuipers jrkuipers at lauwerscollege.nl
Thu Apr 25 02:56:43 GMT 2002

I'm unable to link a printerdriver to a printer with NT APW or rpcclient.
Uploading of the printerdriverfiles works fine, but when it comes to the point
where the driver must be linked to the specified printer, I get an "Access
Denied" message on the NT4.0 client. When I try to link the driver with
rpcclient, I get this errormessage:

-- INFO: Debug class all level = 1   (pid 20075 from pid 20075)

cmd = setdriver pr_admin "HP LaserJet 2200 Series PCL 6"
spoolss_io_devmode: Unknown specversion [0x0]!
spoolss_io_devmode: Please report to samba-technical at samba.org
spoolss_io_devmode: Unknown specversion [0x0]!
spoolss_io_devmode: Please report to samba-technical at samba.org
SetPrinter call failed!
result was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

Any ideas?