[Samba] File systems

Kristyan Osborne kris at longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk
Wed Apr 24 00:40:06 GMT 2002

Hi,

I know this is a little of topic, but I want people ideas and opinions.

I currently have a samba server with approx 1300 users. During the summer I am going to upgrade this server as its been up for about 5 years. At the moment it has an ext2 file system for the drives containing peoples work, etc. I was wondering if people can suggest a better file system to use than ext2 as I believe this is getting dated (but stable).

Cheers

Kristyan Osborne IT Assistant Manager
Longhill High School

------
Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working properly if you open windows.
Win95:   A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
             8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
             2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.