[Samba] logging a win2k box into a Samba 2.2.2 PDC

Josh Hiner jdhiner at hline.org
Tue Apr 23 08:30:02 GMT 2002

Hello, I am having some trouble logging a win2k box into a Samba 2.2.2 PDC.
Win98,95, and ME boxes can log in fine. When I try and log in my win2k box I
get this error:

"The account used is a computer account. Use your global user account or
local user account to access this server."

Maybe someone can shed some light on this strange error?? I do have a user
account set up on the samba server along with a machine account which I am
told is needed. I can map drives manually off of the server I just cannot
"log into" the PDC normally.

Thanks for any help. If you need more info on this just let me know.

thanks!!

-Josh