[Samba] call_nt_transact_ioctl(1798)

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Tue Apr 23 05:41:04 GMT 2002

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, David  Loegering wrote:

> I am getting this error in my samba logs.  It typically happens while a
> terminal server connects to the samba share.  What is this call and what
> damage if any is this doing to my data files?  We are a $60 million per
> company and I need an answer as soon as possible.  My boss will not be
> happy if I steered him wrong by suggesting Samba could replace NT back
> end file servers.

It's an informative message indicating that we don't implement
a particular NT IOCTL command.  Are you seeing data corruption?
Or are you just concerned?

btw...the fact that you are a $60 million company doesn't change
the fact that you are asking for free advice from volunteers.
However, if you are interested in paid support options, there are
many companies that offer this listed at http://samba.org

Hope this helps.

cheers, jerry