[Samba] win_print

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Tue Apr 23 04:20:02 GMT 2002

If you don't have a linux driver for your printer, you can likely forget
using it. Have you visited the ghostview homepage to look for a driver?
The link below might be useful to you, although I didn't see your
printer listed.

http://www.turboprint.de/english.html

I have never found a way to make windows filter print jobs from
other computers. It sounds so simple to do, but, windows is weak on handling
postscript documents. The link below might provide some clues, but, it still
needs a ghostview driver:

http://www.lerup.com/printfile/

The easiest solution might be to buy an inkjet printer that supports linux
with a vendor supplied driver and graphical interface, like the Lexmark z53.

Joel