[Samba] W2k protection fault w/HP drivers and Samba 2.2

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Mon Apr 22 08:45:02 GMT 2002

HP driver issues-I think the newer ones need two-way comms with
the printers, for Plug and Play purposes, maybe.  We have an
OfficeJet 570 hooked up to an Intel NetPort Pro;  HP says
(and it's true, so far) that the 570 drivers won't work if
it's hooked up to anything other than the PC's LPT.  To
use it on the network, they say to use the DJ550C drivers.
That's how we've got it set up, and it works.  Except
for the annoying persistent "Paused" status that is
displayed on all of the PCs.  The jobs print ok, and I haven't
figured out what's causing it.  I have a HP DesignJet 450C
connected to the second port on the NetPort, and it works
just fine.

Jim