[Samba] Unable to see print queue from Windows

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Apr 19 19:24:02 GMT 2002

Well, nobody has answered so I'll put in my two cents.
This problem sound familar. You might search the archives. Likely, someone
will give you a specific answer, something like use local drivers or some
such. However, while you are waiting for the truth, here are some thoughts:
By unable to open, I assume you mean when you click on the icon nothing
happens, that is, no print queue shows up. You might want to add more of the
commands that lprng uses, with their full path names, ie.
        lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -Pps
        lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -Pps %j
        lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold z53 %j
        lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release z53 %j
It is assumed that your lpq command is really where you think it is, etc.
(which lpq and so on.)
But, I doubt that is the problem.
You might try easing up on your security, by using guest = ok as a test.
I find it useful to read the logs in this situation. You may have to
increase the log level.
You may find some hints in WinNT.txt and Printing.txt in
sources/docs/textdocs
Joel