[Samba] Odd

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Thu Apr 18 02:23:02 GMT 2002

Hi

I had a request a few weeks ago to replace a Samba server that I
built for a local company.  I used Samba 2.0.7 for that
and it worked fine apart from having to do some ocassional
maintenance.

Built the new machine and that works fine as well.  Same smb.conf
file.  Difference is that I'm now using Samba 2.2.1a.  Everything
works fine across a Win98/ Samba network until I start Quick Books
2002.   SuSE 7.3. I can still access the same documents on the old
server at the same time but when I try to access the same documents
on the new server it says on the Win98 version 2 client machines....

"QuickBooks was unable to create the image file.  The disk could be
full or you may not have sufficient rights to the directory"

also ...

" Cannot access this file.  Check security privileges over the
network drive".

All I've done here is copy and paste the Quick Books documents across
the network to the new server.  Nothing else.  If you could give me
some sort of heads up on this one or at least a clue then I'll be
able to work out what to do next.

Perhaps if I were to create a separate directory/folder for the QB
documents and set different permissions on those from the other
documents ?

Thanks

--
Richard