[Samba] CIFS & SMB Microsoft licenses

vasudeva vasudeva at downcity.net
Tue Apr 16 11:50:07 GMT 2002

> Hello guys,
>
> does anyone knows the implications that the CIFS and SMB Microsoft
> licenses may have on samba development ?
>
> http://news.com.com/2010-1075-882846.html
>
> Davide

I find this very troubling, and I hope the restriction extends no further
than the documentation.

I've written a very brief article about this, here:

http://megarad.com/article.php?sid=714

Perhaps this will garner a little more attention.  If anybody's interested
in chiming in on that article, or correcting any errors I may have made,
please feel free.  Any responses to this email will be read with an eye
toward making sure I've got my facts straight, as well.

/></