[Samba] Some Printing Problems in 2.2.2

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Mon Apr 15 06:12:21 GMT 2002

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Samba List wrote:

> Background:
> Running Suse 7.0 on s/390 under z/VM
>
> Setup steps:
> Compiled Samba 2.2.2 with:      ./configure --with-pam --with-winbind
> Used YAST to setup the remote IP printers on our network
> Successfully able to assign and install print drivers using Windows NT
> interface
>
> When Samba is started I get the following errors in log.smbd, they repeat
> continually every few minutes:
>
> [2002/04/08 11:51:25, 0] rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:_spoolss_fcpn(4695)
>   _spoolss_fcpn: Invalid handle (OTHER)
> [2002/04/08 11:51:25, 0]
> rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:close_printer_handle(261)
>   close_printer_handle: Invalid handle (OTHER)
> [2002/04/08 11:55:38, 0] rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:_spoolss_fcpn(4695)
>   _spoolss_fcpn: Invalid handle (OTHER)
> [2002/04/08 11:55:38, 0]
> rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:close_printer_handle(261)
>   close_printer_handle: Invalid handle (OTHER)

this is the close request for a printer change notification handle.
Perhaps the client dropped the connection smbd had established to it?
Does nto affect printing.  only the printer change notify messages.

> Also, I am unable to print landscape from Windows NT to any of these
> printers.  I have spent hours searching the newsgroups for any references
> but I haven't found anything.  I've tried all of the different drivers
> listed on HP's web site but with no luck.

Please try to reproduce thsi against the latest SAMBA_2_2 cvs branch.
If you are still experiencing problems, outline the exact steps you used
to produce the problem so others can comment.

cheers, jerry