[Samba] Authenticating against two different domains

dj at 4ict.com dj at 4ict.com
Fri Apr 12 03:39:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Wikeley, Vikki wrote:

> We have a number of unix/vms boxes that we have samba shares setup on and we
> authenticate users against an NT PDC in our domain. We now have a
> requirement to allow users from another domain to access those shares as
> well as users from our domain. The two NT domains are trusted.
> Is this possible, and if so, how do I go about setting it up ?

I haven't tried it myself, but I think it should be possible. See the
"allow trusted domains" parameter in the smb.conf manpage.

Regards,
Tim

Tim Verhoeven
                               Music Services - Michel Stoffels
GSM : 0496 / 693 453                          + Deejayteam
Email : dj at sin.khk.be                         + Sound & Light rentals
=========Public PGP-Key at : http://www.sin.khk.be/~dj/publickey.txt==========
          Member of Student Information Networking (www.sin.khk.be)