[Samba] Configure problem under HPUX 11....

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Apr 11 08:42:02 GMT 2002

Hello Florent,
you cannot compile/build samba with the builtin c compiler on HPUX - it is
not ANSI compliant, but there
mainly to allow for kernel rebuilds, etc.
You will need to either purchase HP's Ansi C compiler, or go to the
www.gnu.org <http://www.gnu.org>  site and pull  a version of
gcc for HPUX to build samba with.

In addition, you can get an already build swdepot of Samba 2.2.3a from
http://software.hp.com <http://software.hp.com>  (it's called CIFS/9000
SERVER)
if you don't want to go thru the trouble of building it yourself.

Hope this helps,
Don