[Samba] Samba server with winXP

lior rubinstein lior at wintegra.co.il
Wed Apr 10 23:42:02 GMT 2002

Hello

I have samba server version 2.0.5 on my nis server.

All the home directories are in the netapp server and the samba server
is the main server for my company.

The pc users that have win2000 do not have any problem, but recently we
upgraded some of our operation systems to WinXp.

The problem is that the from the WinXp  I can not reconnect to the
network drive after logoff/reboot and logon again to the netapp.

I get all the time messages like: not all your network connections has
been restored.

In the netapp server I get messages from the nis server at the
attempting to reconnect the network drive : password rejected.

Can you direct me to a newer version of samba?

Do you have solution for this problem?

Lior Rubinstein

System Administrator

Wintegra