[Samba] cannot mount - please help

Dmitry Kirsanov dmitry at kirsanov.com
Wed Apr 10 10:44:02 GMT 2002

I installed Samba under Mandrake 8.2 to access a win98 box. The windows
machine has 2 partitions, C: and D:. Now I can mount the //winbox/c
partition from within linux and access it without a problem. With
//winbox/d, I can access it using smbclient, transfer files back and
forth etc. But when I try to mount it, it mounts without errors, however
any attempt to access the mounted tree results in trouble (mc segfaults,
console dies, etc.). An attempt to unmount it can't succeed as it's
"busy". After that linux cannot even shutdown properly, hanging when it
tries to unmount //winbox/d.

Any ideas? What can I do to debug this problem?

Thanks