[Samba] can't join a 2000 domain

Thomas Klettke thomask at aesbus.com
Tue Apr 9 09:50:03 GMT 2002

To rule out any blocks from ipchains (or iptables for the newer versions of
RedHat) run "service ipchains stop" ("service iptables stop") before you try
to connect with samba. If you can connect then, review your firewall
settings before restarting your firewall.

Thomas Klettke
thomask at aesbus.com
Network Administrator
Aesbus Knowledge Solutions
Houston, TX 77069

"The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat."