[Samba] LDAP and "add user script"

Thomas Klettke thomask at aesbus.com
Tue Apr 9 05:50:05 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 03:58, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I switched from smbpasswd to LDAP backend in 2.2.x cvs code. The "add user
> script" is not invoked anymore (I used it for automatically adding W2K
> machines).

Axel, try using the smbldap-tools (Perl scripts) from
http://samba.idealx.org.
I've been using smbldap-useradd.pl for the "add user" directive, works
like a charm.

> Should I be using "add machine script" with LDAP?
"add user" works - just make sure to specify that it's a machine account:

add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %u

BTW, these scripts make dealing with other tasks regarding account
management much easier, too. Take a look at smbldap-populate.pl - can
save you a lot of time.