[Samba] NTLM authoriaztion & Samba (and other SMB-compatible) servers.

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Mon Apr 8 05:35:02 GMT 2002

Hello Andrew,

AB> The best way (particuarly given the GPL nature of all open-source SMB
AB> implementations on Unix) is to use winbindd.  Winbind has a command that
AB> can allow you to specify both the challange and the response and to
AB> forward these to a remote domain controller.
  I could send it by myself, I think. Because I don't want to install
  additional software on my UNIX mail server (I doesn't have samba on
  it). And, I prefer BSD License :)

AB> BTW, what is your NTLM module implemeting?  NTLMSSP?  I know of 3
AB> existing implementations of this - we need to get these togeather if at
AB> all possible - the current situation is just silly.
  I'm implementing AUTH NTLM for POP and SMTP. It works with
  CommunigatrePro server and Outlook/Outlook Express. Yes, packets have
  "NTLMSSP" signature. I've found description of packets (three types
  of them) on page about NTLM implementation for squid cache proxy.

--
Best regards,
 Lev                            mailto:lev at serebryakov.spb.ru