[Samba] smbprint.sysv

Kevin Pendleton pendletonk at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 4 10:14:02 GMT 2002

Hello all,

I am currently printing fine from UNIX to a shared printer on a Windows box,
but I would like to add some functionality to it so that I can move away
from a local okidata dot-matrix printer.  We run some reports that print
fine on the okidata but are too big for the laser printer that we have set
up on the Windows pc.

Are there any other options besides the basics listed in the script
smbprint.sysv?  I would like to be able to send additional parameters like
font size and type, landscape, etc to the printer.  I know you can change
these in the printer interface program for local printers and it appears
that smbprint is the printer interface program for a remote printer when you
set it up this way.  I just don't know if there are any other options that
are accepted through this script.  Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Kevin Pendleton