Samba Domain logons via pam_smb password Checking ?

Joerg Sprankel Joerg.Sprankel at bib.fh-giessen.de
Thu Sep 27 02:36:02 GMT 2001

Hi,

currently, I am working on the following task:

In our network, there is a Linux box which holds all user accounts
in an smbpasswd. It runs samba, but is not a PDC. Other Linux
boxes use it as an authentification source by validating
user/password via pam_smb against this Linux box (the one with
the user accounts in the smbpasswd).
So now I have a separate samba Domain with my own samba
2.2.1a - PDC. Now I want to offer the possibility for (Win2K-) users
of this Domain to logon with their username/password which is
stored on the mentioned Linux box.
Is it possible to force samba to do a check via pam_smb on
another samba server or is there an obvious way I´ve been
overlooking ?

Regards, Joerg
--
Joerg Sprankel / DavID (Datenverarbeitung und Informationsdienste)
Hochschulbibliothek FH Giessen-Friedberg