force user and word documents

Francesc Bassas fbassas at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 07:00:06 GMT 2001

Hi to everybody,

I'am running a Samba Server 2.0.6 in a Linux machine. Also I have the
following lines in sm.conf:

[Documentacio]
    comment = Documentacion Sistemas
    path = /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/Documentacio
    printable = no
    writable = yes
    guest ok = no
    valid users = sap eines unix nt e-bank
    force user = document

Then, because I log in as "e-bank", I can access to the resource and the
system changes my user to "document" because the "force user" clausule.

It seems ok with text files, but when I try to modify Word files, I get
a permision error; when I look in the log file, I see a line error like:

[2001/09/26 16:36:30, 1] smbd/reply.c:reply_sesssetup_and_X(909)
  Rejecting user 'e-bank': authentication failed

But I'm forced to user "document". So, what's happening??

Thaks in advance.
Francesc Bassas
EDS - Barcelona
fbassas at hotmail.com