Winbind slowing down entire system

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Wed Sep 26 05:05:20 GMT 2001

Hi,

I am currently testing with winbind enum users and groups set as no to see
memory consumption.

Winbind is really eating up everything here, even without many usage. The
test server is only acting as a time server for our resource domain users
(about 100 users) and is serving as a test print server for 3 clients, using
cups.

I restarted the server last night and this morning winbind was taking 70% of
the system memory (512 RAM and 512 swap total)

I still can't understand why it just started eating up the whole system...

cheers
Gustavo