Setting ACLs via Windows client

kill -9 kill-9 at warbeast.com
Mon Sep 17 21:09:02 GMT 2001

I had problems with this also using ext2fs, posix acls, and any client,
2.2.1a. The permissions would fail with access denied. I did a cvs update
today, and all the sudden it worked. I did however do something this time
that I had never done before. I actually removed everything from the old
samba install dirs and installed fresh, the copied over the relevant
config files, lmhosts, etc. I have not tried from nt yet, but I did try
from win98 nexus tools, which never even came close to working before.
Later,
Alex

 On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Michels, Gustavo
[EES/BR] wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:57:47 +0100
> From: "Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR]" <gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com>
> To: David Brodbeck <DavidB at mail.interclean.com>, samba at lists.samba.org
> Subject: RE: Setting ACLs via Windows client
>
> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply! Could you put here a result of a getfacl of
> one of your shares? Now that I have messed with chmod, I would like to know
> how you left all the permissions set.
>
> cheers
> Gustavo

"First, they ignore you. Then they laugh
at you. Then they fight you. Then you
win." - Mahatma Ghandi

In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Alex West
A&M Communications - Tech Guru
BioControl Technology Inc., MIS Administrator
kill-9 at warbeast.com | kill-9 at ipost.net
WebPage -> www.warbeast.com/~kill-9
Visit Third Eye Digital Productions - http://www.indiana-emall.com/thirdeye
Check out my band and FREE music at ***  www.mp3.com/snowpants  ***