samba - no C compiler...

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Sep 14 10:44:02 GMT 2001

Hi Sheila,
That would depend on WHAT machine and os you have.
You can check HERE:

http://va.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

and see if your particular OS vendor is listed, then
look in that directory and see if a 2.2.1a binary has
been created.

If not, you can always (depending again on your OS) grab a
copy of gcc from
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

and use this to compile samba on your test machine.

Hope this helps,
Don