New York WTC

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Sep 13 20:05:02 GMT 2001

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 08:45:42PM -0600, Ralph Sanford wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:06:42 -0400, Joel Hammer wrote:

> >> those who cry out for no restraints on personal freedoms will happily
> >> point out to you that, as has been the case on the lirr and elsewhere
> >> in the past, one good man with a gun would have solved the problem
> >> with considerably less loss of life.
> >> --
> >I agree. Why they don't arm the pilots is beyond me.
> >Joel
> >

> Not practical solution.
>
> Cause the pilots are hired to fly the plane, NOT as gunfighters.  I would

I think you are really wrong. Most pilots are ex military. Anyone can fire a
gun. Just the THREAT of a gun in the hands of a pilot would prevent men with
pen knives from taking over the plane.
Why the cockpit door is not make secure is also dumb.
But, this really is irrelevant. Now that hijacked passengers know that their
plane is considered a cruise missile by the hijackers, it will take more
than a few men with small knives to take over a plane.
Joel