NT Domain Admins change rights

Ed Mann ed.mann at cp-direct.com
Wed Oct 31 08:48:10 GMT 2001

I have been reading the mail list and I want to make sure that I have
this correct

I am using RedHat Linux 2.4.5-SGI_XFS_1.0.1

I can set the acl if I am the owner of the file, that is under Linux
permissions and not acl. I set the group to Domain Admins and try to
change the permissions with a user that is in the Domain Admins group
but I keep getting an error. I am using chacl from sgi to set the ACL
and not getfacl. So is it correct that the only person that can change
the acl is the owner and not the group?

Thanks for any help.