brows list question from Jephe Wu

Jephe Wu jwu at globalsources.com
Wed Oct 31 01:23:08 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have only one Samba server (ver. 2.0.5a ) running on the LAN and it is
a local master browser for all windows PCs, I have the following
question.

I rename a windows PC' computer name to another one, and reboot this
windows, but other windows PCs can still see this computer old name ,
even after 3-4 hours . all windows PC is using this samba server as WINS
server, and node type is 8 , I checked /var/lock/samba/wins.dat, old
computer name is still there, how long samba browser list and wins list
will keep this old name by default ? can I set it shorter ?

thank you very much!
Jephe