Printing Problem

David Gregory dgregory at rapid-racking.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 05:10:03 GMT 2001

Got a slight problem with printing from WindowsXP to my Mandrake 8.0
server running Samba 2.2.1a.

Samba is configured for file/print services on my home lan and is
configured to start when the server boots. The weird thing is that when
the pcs come onto the lan they map their appropriate network shares no
problem, but, the connection to the printer is not there. What makes
this even stranger is that I know samba is configured properly cause a
simple stop/start of samba makes the problem go away. My question is why
does the printer not get advertised when the samba server originally
boots when the network file shares do?

Any help would be much appreciated.

David.