W2KSP2 Profile and 2.2.2 hell...

Eric Knudstrup eric at knudstrup.org
Thu Oct 25 19:09:02 GMT 2001

I recently got suckered into upgrading to SP2 by Microsoft's auto update
program.
Since this broke profiles I upgraded to 2.2.2.
In the process of upgrading I set up the Profiles share and tried to move my
profile into it.
Unfortunately W2K insisted on trying to log in with the profile still in my
home directory where nt acl support was not disabled.  In an attempt to
coerce it into looking into the new place I tried changing the registry by
hand, then deleting the registry entry for my profile, then deleting and
recreating my user.
Now the system will still let me log in but once it gets to the part about
c-a-delete to login" dialog box.
Can anyone enlighten me on how I can get back to where it was before?

Thanks,

Eric