Win2K Errors using samba 2.2.2

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Oct 25 15:00:04 GMT 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Mitch McNeel wrote:

> I will have to download the latest version and compile it for an
> install tonight. Unfortunately this is a production machine, which I
> can not perform the upgrades during business hours.  Everything else
> seems fine (ex: Word, Excel, etc...), as far as I know (Users haven't
> complained).  Just seems to be Netscape Communicator 4.x running on
> Win2K (ONLY) so far.
>
> I notice on the samba.org page that there is this thing called CVS.
> Is this different from downloading the samba-latest.tar.gz file from
> the site? If so, then should I being using this instead of grabbing
> the latest tar ball?

I think Jeremy already responded to this.  What's the status?

------original message------------------------------------------ I just
upgraded one of my samba server from 2.0.7 to 2.2.2 on Solaris 2.6 (with
latest patches).  Now I'm receiving Windows 2000 errors using netscape
communicator 4.77.  Can anyone help me trace this down.

Window reports:

Windows - Delayed Write Failed

Windows was unable to save all the data from the file
\Device\LanmanRedirector\fe-2\*{username}*\Netscape\*{username}*\netscape.hst.
The data has been lost.  This error may be caused by a failure of your
computer hardware or network connection.  Please try to save this file
elsewhere.

** User name omitted to protect the innocent **

log entries below:

[2001/10/22 08:10:30, 0] smbd/oplock.c:request_oplock_break(929)
  request_oplock_break: PANIC : breaking our own oplock requested
  for dev = 2bc689c, inode = 341876, tv_sec = 3bd436e6,
  tv_usec = 528b3 and no fsp found !
[2001/10/22 08:10:30, 0] lib/util.c:smb_panic(1055)
  PANIC: request_oplock_break: no fsp found for our own oplock

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org