POSTSCRIPT PRINTING THROUGH SAMBA AND LEXMARK Z22

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Oct 24 09:11:00 GMT 2001

I am using a lexmark z53, I think. They have so many numbers I forget just
now.
There are some wrinkles to using lexmark printers. I tried to install a z53
after I had been using a z22 or some other one for a while. The z53 wouldn't
work. Lexmark told me I had to uninstall the older lexmark printer drivers
first.
I do print from windows98 clients to a z53 attached to a samba server.
Works fine.
DO NOT TRY TO STORE THE PRINTER DRIVERS ON THE SAMBA server.
This worked fine for my epson 850 but failed with the lexmark z53. There was
a driver coming off the server onto the windows client that kept the client
from rebooting. Don't know why. Might have been a case problem.
Big nuisance to fix.
Just install the lexmark drivers onto your windows client direct from the
cd.