Winbind/RH7.1...More Help

Sean Trammell strammell at siumed.edu
Mon Oct 22 10:33:03 GMT 2001

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think that this really is a PAM
problem.  There are several things that I can think of offhand, either
samba was not compiled --with-pam or samba is not configured correctly
or the appropriate PAM module is not configured correctly.  We need more
information, are you getting any errors in /var/log/messages?  PAM
problems are logged there on my Redhat 7.1 system.  Also, did you use an
RPM or did you compile samba from source?  If it was source, did you use
--with-pam when configuring?  If that fails you could post the relevant
lines of your smb.conf file (probably most the global section).  What is
the OS of your password server?

-Sean