winbind on solaris8

Janne Liimatainen janne.liimatainen at oracle.com
Mon Oct 22 03:42:48 GMT 2001

Hello all,

please cc me as I'm not on the list, thanks!

I am trying to get winbind to work on solaris8 with little luck. All
compiles well and wbinfo lists the domain users as expected but getent
passwd only lists the local users.
Everything should be ok in nsswitch.conf. Truss shows that getent does load
something.

open("/usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1", O_RDONLY)     = 3

I renamed the file to match the naming in Solaris. I can see a
winbind_nss_solaris.c in the nsswitch-directory but did not notice it get
used at all. True? Only Linux works atm?

Thanks for your help!

/Janne