Request reissuance: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Fri Oct 19 08:36:04 GMT 2001

Herb Lewis wrote:
> The first thing I would try is to either make a symlink between
> /usr/lib/codepages and /usr/share/samba/codepages to see if that
> helps. Your setup is obviously messed up if the utilities are looking
> for codepages in one place and you have them in another. Fix the
> obvious and then see what else may be wrong.

Well I said EITHER and then only gave one suggestion. The day is not
starting off good :-)

The other option is the set the following in your smb.conf global
section

code page directory = /usr/share/samba/codepages
Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177